IMMUNO SHOT Classic
IMMUNO SHOT is an enhancer of antigen-antibody reaction. In Western blotting and ELISA, researchers often experiences weak signal or high background. IMMUNO SHOT improves these problems by just using it as antibody diluents. Due to the principle of working mechanism, IMMUNO SHOT can be used in many assay systems that use antigen-antibody reaction.
How IMMUNO SHOT Works
IMMUNO SHOT contains a polymer which, by changing the physicochemical properties of antigen and antibody, enhances the mutual accessibility, and facilitate the specific reaction. The other ingredient, protein, reduces non-specific binding of antibody. Thus, IMMUNO SHOT enhances the antigen-antibody reaction while reduces background.
Feature and Advantages
1. High signal with low background
IMMUNO SHOT enhances the antigen-antibody reaction. Comparing with the method using detergent-containing buffer, several to over 10-fold stronger signal can be obtained while the background level is low. Thus, you can get much higher S/N ratio than usual method.
2. Effective for saving antibody usage and time of reaction time
Because higher signal can be obtained using IMMUNO SHOT, you can reduce the amount of antibody used and the time required for reactions.
3. Can be used for many reactions
IMMUNO SHOT can be used not only for Western blotting and ELISA, but also for other assay systems using antigen-antibody reactions. In addition, IMMUNO SHOT does not affect activities of HRP (horse radish peroxidase) or AP (alkaline phosphatase), and can be used for assay systems using these enzymes.
4. Easy to use
IMMUNO SHOT is formulated as to Ready to Use. Just exchange your dilution buffer of antibodies to the solutions of IMMUNO SHOT.
- IMMUNO SHOT is consisted of Reagent 1 and Reagent 2.Use Reagent 1 for the dilution of the 1st antibody.Use Reagent 2 for the dilution of the 2nd antibody.No change is required for the other assay protocol.
- In some assay systems, only one antibody is used.For example some ELISA uses only one enzyme-conjugated antibody.In such case, try using Reagent 2 for the antibody dilution.In some cases, however, Reagent 1 gives better result.
- IMMUNO SHOT has been successfully used in Western blotting, antibody sandwich ELISA with either the 1st or 2nd antibody-labeled type, antigen sandwich ELISA